Students can submit questions to the MAE Graduate Student Advising email: email@example.com (specify MS or PHD in your subject line for a timely response)
- Enrolled MAE PhD Students can contact Jackie Tam (MAE PhD Advisor) directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you prefer to have a video advising session via ZOOM please submit your appointment request
using this form (Appointment Requests are Currently MS ONLY, please allow at least 1 business day for a response, appointments are not guaranteed in the same day a request is made)
Until further notice:
MS Advising (first come first served) Students may attend advising one at a time and will be held in a waiting room until admitted by the MS Advisor. In order to help as many Students as possible during these open sessions each Student will have a maximum time allowed of 10 minutes (have your questions prepared) If your questions/concerns/comments will take longer than 10 minutes please schedule an advising appointment separately using this form.
Monday - Friday, MAE MS Students can attend *first come first served Advising during the following times:
Morning Open Advising: 8:00am - 9:00am PST
- Join Zoom Meeting: https://ucsd.zoom.us/j/98018307063
- Meeting ID: 980 1830 7063
Afternoon Open Advising: 3:00pm - 4:00pm PST
- Join Zoom Meeting: https://ucsd.zoom.us/j/91230449765
- Meeting ID: 912 3044 9765
In-person Advising (Suspended until further notice) https://returntolearn.ucsd.edu/
Current and prospective students may see academic advisors during walk-in hours or by an appointment in our offices, EBU2 181 and 170. See the guide below to help you in determining the best way to contact us.
Walk-in hours: Monday & Tuesday: 1:30pm - 3:00pm Thursday & Friday: 9:00am - 11:30am
These sessions are designed to last a maximum of 15 minutes and include:
- Degree audit checks and corrections (can be requested after Week 2 of each quarter)
- Academic planning review for the upcoming quarter only
- Academic forms review (double-major petitions, EAP, OAP, International Student Forms, etc.).
- Academic questions NOT involving a long-term plan
- Requesting clearance for courses
- Questions about MAE courses (waitlists, prerequisites, quarters offered, etc.)
- Appointments are not necessary for the above inquiries
Walk-In Advising Policies
-Hours are subject to change. Please refer to our live calendar (below) to check if we are in the office before heading over.
-The last sign-in for morning advising is at 11:30am; the last sign-in for an afternoon session is at 3:00pm.
-Walk-in sessions are on a first come, first served basis.
-These sessions are designed to last a maximum of 15 minutes
-Sign in using the computer in the front lobby and wait for an advisor to call you.
Appointment hours: Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday: 9:00am - 11:30am Thursday & Friday: 1:30pm - 3:00pm
These sessions are designed to last up to 30 minutes and typically require more in-depth advising, such as:
- Long term planning
- Reviewing your degree audit to make sure you are on track to graduate
- Concerns about your academic performance
-Appointments must be requested at least TWO business days in advance
-We do not schedule same-day appointments
-Besides a confirmation email, no reminder emails will be sent
-If you are more than 10min late, you will need to submit a new request to reschedule your appointment
-If you need to reschedule/cancel your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com
-We may need to reschedule your appointment in the event of an emergency. Always check your UCSD email before heading to your advising appointment.
How to schedule
-Check the advising calendar (below) for availability
-Submit your appointment request using this google form
Note: MS Advisor's unavailable appointments slots (Masters): Aqua | PhD Advisor's unavailable appointments slots (PhD's): Pink