Current and prospective students may see academic advisors during walk-in hours or by an appointment in our offices, EBU2 169 and 170. See the guide below to help you in determining the best way to contact us.
Monday & Tuesday: 1:30 - 3:00 pm
Thursday & Friday: 9:00 - 11:30 am
These sessions are designed to last a maximum of 15 minutes and include:
- Degree audit checks and corrections (can be requested after Week 2 of each quarter)
- Academic planning review for the upcoming quarter only
- Academic forms review (double-major petitions, EAP, OAP, International Student Forms, etc.).
- Academic questions NOT involving a long-term plan
- Requesting clearance for courses
- Questions about MAE courses (waitlists, prerequisites, quarters offered, etc.)
- Appointments are not necessary for the above inquiries
Walk-In Advising Policies
-Hours are subject to change. Please refer to our live calendar (below) to check if we are in the office before heading over.
-The last sign-in for morning advising is at 11:30am; the last sign-in for an afternoon session is at 3:00pm.
-Walk-in sessions are on a first come, first served basis.
-These sessions are designed to last a maximum of 15 minutes
-Sign in using the computer in the front lobby and wait for an advisor to call you.
Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday: 9:00 - 11:30 am
Thursday & Friday: 1:30 - 3:00 pm
These sessions are designed to last up to 30 minutes and typically require more in-depth advising, such as:
- Long term planning
- Reviewing your degree audit to make sure you are on track to graduate
- Concerns about your academic performance
-Appointments must be requested at least TWO business days in advance
-We do not schedule same-day appointments
-Besides a confirmation email, no reminder emails will be sent
-If you are more than 10min late, you will need to submit a new request to reschedule your appointment
-If you need to reschedule/cancel your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible by emailing email@example.com
-We may need to reschedule your appointment in the event of an emergency. Always check your UCSD email before heading to your advising appointment.
How to schedule
-Check the advising calendar (below) for availability
-Submit your appointment request using this google form
Note: Sandra's unavailable appointments slots (Masters): Aqua | Lydia's unavailable appointments slots (PhD's): Pink