- UC Information on Immigration
- University of California Statement of Principles in Support of Undocumented Members of the UC Community
Title IX Resources
Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972 states: "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."
- Office For the Prevention of Harassment & Discrimination (OPHD): OPHD's mission is to educate the UC San Diego community about issues of bias, harassment and discrimination and to assist with the prevention and resolution of these issues in a fair and responsible manner.
- Report Bias: Promote a respectful and tolerant campus climate by reporting bias incidents involving members of the UC San Diego community. UC San Diego is committed to the highest standards of civility and decency toward all as reflected in the UC San Diego Principles of Community. The university rejects acts of harassment and discrimination, works to resolve concerns, and investigates known facts to determine if university policies have been violated.
○ (undergrad women; October)
○ (undergrad/grads, US citizens, engineering; November).
○ (REUs; US citizens/permanent residents)
○ (US citizens/permanent residents)
○ (undergrad/grads, summer & yearlong, US citizens)
○ (open to all undergrads)
○ (open to all students)
○ (graduate students/recent graduates eligible to work in the US)
● Company websites
● The UN Office of Outer Space Affairs also has internships, but they are unpaid.
Universities sometimes have scholarships for unpaid internships, however.
○ open to upper-level undergrads, grads, postdocs (US citizen or currently
holding a US visa allowing work) in STEM, including Spanish-speakers. Also
have a minority science journalism program.
○ every other year weeklong challenge with two teams of 16 students to design
a mission; they sponsor your travel/housing/food, and it is an amazing
experience (application due December of even years)
○ like the above, but I think it is annual, and young professionals can also apply
○ get to cover NASA events as a social media person (you must provide your